Considering a new Gas Boiler this Summer ? Here are 7 things to think about before making any decisions!
- New Boiler Plus Building Regulations that came in April 2018 affecting Gas Boilers, mean that you will need to consider one of the following energy saving items for your combi: a smart thermostat, weather compensation, flue gas heat recovery or load compensation.
- I can’t speak for every installation company, but we offer better Gas Boiler prices here in Harrogate, Knaresborough, Ripon and Wetherby, great special offers and improved timescales in the summer when we have less to do! Do it now!
- Always use a Gas Safe Registered Installer, its the law. Believe it or not, there are still unregistered rogue traders out there who might offer you a better price for an illegal and dangerous job. Always check the Installers identity card if you are unsure.
- Most Gas Boiler breakdowns occur when they are being used most under arduous conditions, ie in the middle of winter! It is much better to be without a boiler for a few days in the summer while it is changed than to be without one for weeks in the winter while you find an installer with spare time.
- Always ensure you have a written estimate from your Installer and that you are happy that he or she understands your requirements fully.
- Consider fitting a magnetic filter unit at the same. We recommend the Magnaclean Professional 2. The filter will collect Magnetite (rust particles) which can build up in the pipework and the boiler blocking pipework and radiators or reducing heating efficiency. Ensure that it is cleaned out each year, and that the system is filled with corrosion inhibitor at the beginning and each time it is drained down.
- Don’t forget to have your boiler serviced annually by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer. Servicing will give your boiler the best chance of being reliable and safe throughout the year and it’s a mandatory requirement of most boiler warranties. Ensure your Engineer fills in the service section in the Benchmark book.